Monday, June 22, 2009

New Kid on the Block

Boring, that' s what I am today. I'm featuring my new neighbor, a juvenile mockingbird. He and his folks have been hanging out in the backyard for a few days, learning the mockingbird life ropes I guess. They live in a neighbors palm tree and swoop in for trips to our bird bath.
First rain lily of the season. I love these and am hoping for many more.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I couldn't have asked for better weather here. Today I'm going to get going and head over to Elizabeth's... we're working on a new bake shop item. Jelly roll and a layer cake just in case you're wondering! The rest is a surprise!
Ok, happy Monday peeps. xo

9 Comments:

Blogger Sinta Renee said...

Your new neighbor look sweet! Have fun playing in the bake shop. You just finished a bake shop project and are already creating another one?#@*! You go girl:)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I don't have that lily! Save me a division some time. Have fun sewing.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Always fun to see what you cook up in the Bake Shop. We have a huge population of magpies. I'd trade ya. Those darn magpies swoopy and bite the cats in the neighborhood. They aren't afraid of anything.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So this is definitely NOT boring. I have never seen a mockingbird, juvenile or otherwise. It looks so sweet. And oh that lily looks fantastic! Sounds like you are having better weather than we have been. It has been raining and dreary here since, well, I don't remember now. I think I am living in Seattle. Can't wait to see what you are cooking up for MBS!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Hi from one complainer to the other...although my complaint is rain! I never thought I would get tired of it but I can't get in my garden to play...oh well, in a few weeks I'll be complaining about the heat too:)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

It sounds like the perfect day to me...sewing with a friend!

7:19 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Can't wait to see what you and E cook up for MBS... no doubt it will be amazing!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

I love Mockingbirds, Pam! My FIL had one in his yard - every day it would come sing to him and wait for Tony to give him a slice of apple. He would swoop down and get it and then come back later for a little thank-you song!
Cheers!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

The lilly is just beautiful Pam!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older