Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quilt Market, Friends, Food and Coffee

Good morning peeps. Another quilt market post, starting with the best cup of coffee that I had the whole trip, and that was at breakfast with some pretty good company over at the Westin. Kudos Westin. Good coffee.


Good friends too. Here are Elizabeth and Brenda getting caught up iphone style. Brenda is a tweeter, so you can catch up with her there, somehow.




Here's a little picture of the embroidery on her quilt in the Lecien booth. Talk about amazing and wonderful. Here's a link to the entry in her blog with more photos. Truly lovely.

And yummy breakfast. I love breakfast.


Here's the wonderful Jocelyn, Marketing Director at The Fat Quarter Shop. We caught her calling in to tell about all the wonderful things she saw!


The ever amazing Miss Tula Pink, fresh from Pinkerton where she's creating lovely things for us.




Market is not complete if we don't see this sweet woman, Jennifer Paganelli. She's the sweetest ever. And I love love love her fabrics for Free Spirit.

We also ran into our friend Celine from Perkins Dry Goods. She's a friend and quilt market neighbor from the past. She had a lot of pretty new things for this market.



Here's the This and That booth. You might remember Sherri from when I messed up her blog a while back. Now I have nothing but cruddy pictures of her booth.



And of her and Paul, her ever so kind (and slightly gullible) husband! Thank goodness she's just too sweet for any kind of retaliation.



Another neighbor from the past, The Stitch Connection. I love how they combine machine embroidery and quilting in a fresh way.


A bit of Sandy Klop's American Jane Booth. I love her new line Happy Camper. Not yet up on the website but will be soon!



More old friends, The Quilt Branch! They have a new book out Six Halves Make a Whole Lot More, I have an early copy and love it.




Our friend Nicole did some stunt sewing recently and here is a nice picture of the fruits of her labors! Joanna said she did a very nice piecing job and that's what stunt sewing professionals need to hear!




More Moda lovelines. I really fell down on the job getting pictures of everything but I'm pretty sure Anne has that covered. (tee hee)







I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing this trim soon.


Our friend Lizzie couldn't be there but here's a nice photo of her Red Letter Day quilt. Missed you Lizzie!!


Here's my only shots of Holly's booth, Lakehouse Dry Goods. I know she has some on her blog and there's tons out there, I was captivated by these little dessert prints and couldn't look away. I would blog her darling matching candy but I ate it. Whoops.




This one will be the one I put on my wall and gaze at. I love it so much. I don't know if its the baskets or the bows or what. I'm captivated by it.


And her salesmans books are wonderful. Really innovative, like Holly always is.




Here's the charming Joanna in her Fig Tree Booth. She has a lot of lovely offerings this time. And its always fun to have a chat with her! We don't see her enough in real life. I'd like to see her at her house again, she has a wonderful home, seriously go to her blog and demand pictures of her scalloped laundry room. DO IT, I'll wait here.


Market isn't market if we don't scare the 'you-know-what' out of Darlene. Sorry Darlene. I'm just crazy that way, but harmless, inspite of what you might have seen here earlier in this quilt market series. This is Darlene's new fabric Traditions. (I think that's the name, none of my photos has a full picture of that sigh. Dang it) She's got a lot more going on, and I'll get on that next time.




More old friends and famous neighbors, you can see our friend Connie here in her booth, but you can also catch her in her Quilt Sampler Top Ten shop!


Here's a quick picture of our friend Cindy's booth. Seriously, the place was crammed every time we walked by. Her new books are Little Sassy Skirts and Baby Cakes.



Anne! It's not a quilt market without Anne! The sun always shines on her.. because she's so sweet! Her booth was darling and always stuffed with people. She really does have a lot of great pictures on her blog so go check them out.






Our friend Tracy couldn't be there at market so I snapped a picture of her stitchery in the wild. Sadly, the little quilt picture turned out awful and the quilt is so cute. Both could be found in the Lecien booth.



Ok peeps. More to come, seriously. There's more people. More stuff. I hope you click on all the links and check them out, there's so much good stuff out there it boggles the mind.


P.S. And now because I cannot contain myself any longer, I'm in a Moda ad and I know it could be just a little lame of me but here it is. In about 2 minutes it will be hanging on my wall. Seriously. Me. Moda Ad. Framed.



Pardon me while I go stare at it. Me. In the ad. In a frame. Thanks to Monica who sized it for me!

28 Comments:

Anonymous vickibellino said...

Thanks for stopping by my booth and giving me the pep talk on blogging! I actually came home from Pittsburgh and did a new post! As always, your photos are wonderful!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You win the prize for most amazing photos! I feel like I was right there with you! You? In the Moda ad? AWESOME.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jocelynilla said...

You got me :P But I got you too!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Great Market Post, as Anne said, your the QUEEN. What were you doing at the ZOO anyway?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I love your market posts. I've been eating them up. They are delicious. All the fun people and lovely things . . . sigh. It is so nice to have a fly on the wall view if nothing else. Thanks for your cute posts. They are fun and funny.

8:42 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

*sigh*
i SO wish i would have gone.
next time...next time.


and yayyy to the ad!!!
if i was in this moda ad, i would have framed it too!!!
{maybe i'll be in the next one. lol.}

9:08 AM  
Anonymous amy said...

Hey, hi there to Vicki up there at the top of the comments! She remembered me. First of all, how in the devil do you make it through market in only three days??? How is that possible? Some brand of PKM magic, no doubt. Second, did you get a pic of Holly's fans at the Lakehouse booth? They were awesome, I didn't get a photo. Third, see, look who's famous now! Congrats!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Great tour of the quilt show. You did amazing on the photos and all the peeps. OMW, love that Moda add ........ FANTASTIC PKM!!!!!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Another fantastic recap. Great pics and hilarious commentary!

This killed me, "... go to her blog and demand pictures of her scalloped laundry room. DO IT, I'll wait here."

Image of you on a velvet chase drinking coffee. Waiting. But you KNOW it'll go down something like this (in my mind, at least):

Monica: Knock, knock, knock.
Joanna: Oh hi, Monica! Come in, come in!
M: So nice to see you!
J: You too!
M: So Pam tells me you have an amazing laundry room.
J: Do you want to see it?
M: Oh please, yes!
J: So where's Pam?
M: Oh idanno, around. Busy doin' somethin'.
J: Listen, while you're here, how 'bout I show you the rest of my house?
M: I would LOVE that.
J: Could you do me a favor?
M: I think so. What is it?
J: I have all this fabric from all of my beautiful lines - and so little room for it all. Do you mind if I give you a few yards from each bolt?

Yeah... It'll go down like that. I'm sure of it.

11:01 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

I can't tell you how much I've come to look forward to your Market posts Pam. It's almost as good as being there but so much cheaper and I don't have to buy new clothes! :-) Thanks bunches for the work you do for us.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

First...congrats on the Moda ad...love it!!! And THANKS for the great market posts...wonderful and amazing is all I can say!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Moda Ad -- way to go! I knew from the moment we met that you were the celebrity type. So good to see you.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

OMG Monica is so hilarious!!! That's how I would like it too if I were to go to Joanna's. lol

I love your market posts! I think it's so sweet how all of you are so happy for each other. The quilting world really is full of a lot of nice people.

Congratualations on being in the ad. I would have framed it, too.

4:28 PM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

How exciting! Congratulations on being in the Moda ad.

S.W.A.K.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous joanna said...

I happen to have a different version of the laundry story... Pam and Monica you asked for it..

At Joanna's front porch...

Knock, knock: Well Hello Monica how are you? I am not sure I have ever met you in person but somehow I just know it is you... something about a blue clothes dryer... there is a happy zombie kind of aura about you :-)... come into my home, says Joanna.

MOnica: Why thank you. I was just in the neighborhood and I just felt like I needed to see your laundry room... something came over me, something about scallops...

JOanna: Well, that is funny because I just sent out the bat sign for help with the laundry. You see those 25 piles of clean but yet to be folded or sorted laundry... yes those right beneath those cute scallops that Pam has been going on about...

Monica: Well, really.... I... Uh... I really have to be going... I just had a minute.. Pam is waiting for me somewhere, I don't quite know where...

Joanna: Ooohhh no!! Now that you are here, laundry you must do... the doors lock behind her and scary French music starts to play in the background..

Monica: Please help me, the laundry is attacking me, I have never seen one family generate so much laundry! Help me Pam, help me!

... and we're not sure that Monica will ever be heard from again....

Happy Sewing friends...

Joanna
www.figtreequilts.typepad.com

7:06 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Help me. Send help. S.O.S. Someone. Anyone. Help me. I've been attacked by laundry and can't get up. Send the California National Guard. The Coast Guard. The CHP. The Mythbusters. Anyone.

HELP!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous joanna said...

I don't know how she got a message out. i really don't know. I turned off all internet connections, unplugged all phones, hid the cell phones, threw away all the keys to the car... she doesn't get free until the laundry gets folded and put away. And the socks.. muuuaahhhahahahah... there are 3 baskets of unmatched socks... my kids have been going to school in unmatched socks for about 2 months now... there is no hope for Monica. She will be here until next Market at least. We generate 2 new loads a day... at least. and the back log alone is enough to kill her. Don't look for her folks. Even the cute scallops can not help her now...

signed, you-know-who

7:27 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Help. I've been Fig'd. I was able to McGiver the bat signal flashlight, an old Commodore 64 keyboard, a twist-tie and some lint I found under the dryer - and fashioned it into an internet transmitting station. I fear my capture will spot it soon. Hurry. HURRY!

7:35 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

The ad is the best, now I don't know what I evny more, that fact you're a real stunt sewer (can it get any better than that) AND you're in a Moda ad...sigh.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous joanna said...

Magiver, Schmagiver.... Even if anyone could find her... they just couldn't force their way in for all the piles around her.
I would just start folding if I were her instead of looking around for stray lint... Folding, I tell you, its her only way out of this mess.

You know we can hear her rummaging around in there... doesn't sound like folding to me... just give in to the piles, Monica, give in and fold...

And to think it all started with those innocent scallops... curiosity killed the cat they say.

Pam, I bet those scallops aren't sounding so charming any more......

The Fig

7:59 PM  
Anonymous joanna said...

Magiver, Schmagiver.... Even if anyone could find her... they just couldn't force their way in for all the piles around her.
I would just start folding if I were her instead of looking around for stray lint... Folding, I tell you, its her only way out of this mess.

You know we can hear her rummaging around in there... doesn't sound like folding to me... just give in to the piles, Monica, give in and fold...

And to think it all started with those innocent scallops... curiosity killed the cat they say.

Pam, I bet those scallops aren't sounding so charming any more......

The Fig

7:59 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I hear footsteps. Must go now....

8:08 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:10 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I'm folding. I'm folding! I'm so exhausted I goofed on the comment above me. [faint whimpering can be heard from behind the barricaded laundry room door]

8:14 PM  
Anonymous joanna said...

We hear signs of folding. Even whistling perhaps.

No more scurrying around trying to create makeshift communication devices. ..

Perhaps this might work out in her favor after all. Maybe I will let her take pictures of the scallops... just maybe.

Something about getting out through twitter... wishful thinking...

going to work now. We'll have to see how she does over night...

The Fig

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Dude, a Moda ad?? You are WAY famous. ;-)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

As usual, the best market re-cap, the best blog, and now - the best commenting EVER.

Laurie

4:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So I was just over at Elizabeth's blog and all the pictures of market were of you and the booths, you know how much I love you, but I was wondering where the pictures of Elizabeth were and guess what they are here. I love every single picture you have and it made me yearn for market. I will see you in the fall??

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older