Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Confessions of a Messy Housekeeper

It will come as no surprise to those that know me that I am the crappiest housekeeper ever. EVER. So when it comes to "Corners of my Home" photos, they're more than likely to be pretty messy. On days like this I feel like I have nothing important to say, but yet can't just flash that photo of some tidy little spot because there just aren't that many.
I have too much stuff.

I've also not been too motivated lately. I don' t know what's up with that. I did finish one sewing project, but can't reveal that because its the store mystery quilt. Next week I think, that's when the last clue goes out. I love how mine turned out.
In the meantime, I made a list and actually did some stuff on it yesterday. Not to get carried away, it was only 1 1/2 things but still, it was something. Today's a work day, so I'll be gone and unable to make progress on that list till later. I'll need to kick it into high gear though, Frankie's birthday is Sunday and The Mom's are coming for dinner.
My child will be 19 on Sunday. Wow. I can hardly believe it.
So my little chickadees, I guess I should go get ready for work. How sad is it that I'm so lazy I worry that I can't be to my job on time, at 10am?

12 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

No "corners"? That's ok... your house will just be a mystery. Life's too short for the rules of others! You liberate me Pam!!!!

PS... work... 10am... way too early for me!!!!!!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about! In that very photo I can see empty spaces for 2 additional spools of thread.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll meet your "messy housekeeping" and raise you 10!!! LOL It's a never-ending battle for me. The girls don't help matters any either.

Hope you have a great day!

10:26 AM  
Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

I am with you on being the crappiest housekeeper. I never look in the corners of my house becasue I am scared at what will jump out at me.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want meatloaf, with pasta, and steamed veggies. And I want a chocolate fudge cake. And a pony.

2:46 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

O do love a cleaned up house...it's always my ambition to do the "tornado" right before bed.... and oh Target...I pop in for laundry soap and spen 100.00, easy......how does this happen?

8:27 PM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

HAppy Birthday Dear Frankie..

Just decorate over the dust.... It distracts people from checking in the corners..

;)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh..just keep the lights low...lots of candles...lots of candles!! This time of year you have sooo many deelish choices!!

I recommend Aunt Sadie's tree in a can...or apple pie.... :)

lol...
xoxo Jenny

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have lots of nice corners. What a cute little doggie? He looks so squishy & huggable.

Happy B-day Frankie!!!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

That isn't a messy corner. That's a kickass corner. Love the little circle rug thinga ma jig. And I'm back. My hiatus was an entire week and a day. I forgot that blogging GAVE me sanity and the other things in my life TAKE IT AWAY instead of vice versa.

Who did your lovely masthead? Email me will ya? tsvobo1526@comcast.net!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I avoid submitting to "corners" because I can't find a corner that I wouldn't have to over haul! :o)
I would die a thousand deaths if someone came over unannounced.
Sad sad, but I so understand.
And happy birthday to your little/grown up girl, you did a great job!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's your messy corner you have nothing to worry about. It looks like such a creative miscellany!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older