Monday, October 05, 2009

Patchy Pouch

Good morning peoples. How was the weekend? I was busy busy with all kind of stuff including some picture taking with Elizabeth.


Here's how the purse turned out. Its a fancied up version of one of my new patterns, The Patchy Pouch. It's very easy to sew, and has patchy goodness on both sides. I added some rick rack between the two sections and a little cherry applique from Diaso. I also dug through my stash of goodies and found a cute cherry handkerchief. Honestly, you know I wouldn't normally have been able to cut it up, but I had two. IT'S A SICKNESS. I'm sorry, I said it. I had a backup.

One thing I really like to do is add my little PKM labels into the seam. If it doesn't match up, then I put it inside, just because it makes me happy to see it. You can make your own little ribbon with some stamps or order some from Namemaker. I also put a cute little chunk of coordinating ribbon in there, and that's fun even if you don' t have ribbon with your name on it. It serves no other purpose than to make me happy.

Thanks to everyone who's taken a KPKM button and/or signed up on the Linky list. I think it will be fun to see all the posts from market. Thanks again to Monica for helping me make that happen.

Elizabeth and I leave Tuesday morning about 4am. HOLY SMOKES it's early but I know I probably will barely sleep it's so exciting. Follow along with us on Twitter, and of course we'll be blogging along the way too. (but seriously, maybe not the first night. it's a long drive to our first destination!)


Ok, see you soon.. xop


p.s. There have been some questions about getting the radio button on your blog sidebar. I only know that if you're using new blogger you go to the layout area, select add a gadget and then select the html/java script gadget and plop the code from the little box into the text area and save it. I tried it out on a test blog and it worked. If you don't have blogger.. sorry, I have no idea how to do it.

17 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Have a great time at Market! Everyone will be waiting for tales of your adventures. Thanks sharing all the wackiness with the rest of us. I always enjoy your perspective. And thanks for the link to Namemaker. Can't wait to order some myself.

7:50 AM  
Blogger WoolenSails said...

I look forward to hearing about the market and hope you show lots of pictures on the blog. I am not going, but Lynette Anderson is coming out with a new book and punched pieces, that I did the pieces for. I hope you get a chance to visit her booth and say hello.
She will be in booth 1527.

Debbie

7:50 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The bag is super. Really sweet. Love the fabric and touches. Perfect Pam bag. Can't wait to keep up with your travel antics.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Angela Yosten said...

love this bag... adorable!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

That bag so so sweet! I love it! I can't wait to hear all the market news. I haven't been able to go for the last couple of years... so I will be following you for the inside scoop!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Heidi Kaisand said...

Can't wait to see you in Houston. Drive safe.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Two things: 1) Pam, you out did yourself with that adorable purse!! I want one!!

2) Am I the only one who didn't know about Namemaker??!! Gosh darn it! I get into so much trouble for not make "labels" for the quilts I make.

Who knew I could just have clothing labels made and sew it into a seam??!! ;0

1:02 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

What a super cute bunch of fabrics that made an adorable patchy pouch. I could look at it all day! Thanks for the namemaker link. I really do need to have some labels made.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Sandy McClay said...

Is this for sale???? If it is....SOLD!!! I can't believe how perfect this is! You are so talented! The word sew makes me quake in my boots.....:)

sanjos333@yahoo.com

4:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the bag! So darn cute! Safe travels to you and Elizabeth!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Frankie said...

I want a bag Mom!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I'm with Frankie! I die over all your bags, but this one is the tops. ANd the sacrificed cherry hanky is gravy. BTW... did you know I have the same hanky? Hmm... maybe I should go look and see it it's still there.

Ok, have a great trip. So dang early! And I hope t-moble is working tomorrow. Happy road trippin' to you and E! xoxo

10:21 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

You and Elizabeth drive carefully and have lots of fun! Maybe I better be watching CNN to see if you make the news: "PAMKITTYMORNING and Late Bloomer - News at 11:00!!!"

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Boracay beach resort said...

You really did well on sewing this. It turns out to be very beautiful.

God bless your trip!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Tania C said...

I love the bag, the colors are so nice, hugs, Tania.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

OK, seriously now. I believe you forgot to pick me up. Dang it!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous order dissertation assistance said...

Nice pouch, will you continue to make something like this?

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older