Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Hello, Kitty.

Hi there friends!  Now that all the hubub is over I can show you my favorite Christmas project.  I had been promising Frankie I'd make her an iPad case and I FINALLY DID IT.  Cue the confetti!  After I finished it I wondered why I had waited so long.  Actually I didn't really wonder, it was that foam interfacing..that's why.  I ended up using  Soft and Stable by Annie.  The pattern, which is the Busy Day Tablet Case by Melissa at PolkaDotChair, has great instructions and illustrations and it's really easy.   It calls for fusible foam, but Soft and Stable isn't fusible, so I used my Fast Fuse and it worked perfectly.  My Sanrio fabric came from Sunny Day Supply, but its' sold out.  You can still find it on etsy I think.  

ipad5

Anyway, I was worried about foam and that binding but it really was a non-issue. FYI those edges all line up, in spite of what the photo is telling you.  The binding went on so easily.  I had this binding left over and it was 2 1/4" and I was worried it wouldn't go around the foam but it worked easily.  Thank goodness as I'm out of (or can't find) that fabric.  This is a great starting point for sewing with foam. 

ipad2

Another thing I thought might be a challenge was the zipper pocket.  My end there isn't great, my zipper is slightly too small but it seems like no big deal.  I wouldn't bother showing you a close up if it wasn't for that strawberry pull next to that strawberry!  Now that I have put a zipper like this in, I'll know how to adjust the size of the cut out for a better fit.  And,I don't think it takes away from the rest of the case at all.  And if it does, don't tell me.  

ipad6

I love the pocket lining, cute little strawberries from Minki Kim's Moments line for Riley Blake. These little details are what makes sewing fun for me.  

ipad3

The lining is also from the Moments line, it's such cute fabric and I have it in the blue as well, I was a hard choice which to use.  But there are always other projects to make right?  Did you see that Minki has a cute free pattern on you tube?  Adorable little fabric box, and the assembly is to clever and easy.  I will try one of those soon.  

ipad4

The final touch was the cute button snap also from Sunny Day Supply.  They are also sold out but I'll be honest they're pretty tight snaps so I'm on the fence about them.  They're cute though, and nice for a tablet because there's no chance of scratching the table screen with them.  

Anyway it was a blast to make and I was wishing that I had another one to work on.  But I recently bought a cute bag pattern from Little Mint Designs. Waiting on my zipper order to get started on those.  I am enjoying smaller projects right now, are you working on something?

Hope you are all well and have enjoyed the holiday season.  I'm looking forward to the new year and hope it brings good health and happiness to all of us.  xop

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathy E. said...

How adorable is this? It goes to show how a well-written pattern can be such a blessing when trying something new. It really gives us confidence. Frankie loves this, I'm sure, and will gets lots of use from it. Perfect choice of fabrics and that strawberry pull is the icing on the cake!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well darn!!! I have another project for the new year.
Love those boxes!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

This is such a sweet iPad Case. The fabric is just perfect - love, love the whole combo, binding and inside fabric you chose. Such a special gift for your daughter. So happy you are getting your sewjo back too - enjoy, Pam.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Kris said...



I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed, and especially the remarks posted I will visit once more
We are a real estate Huntington.
thank you!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I like making small projects like the boxes. Sweet and fun

10:58 AM  
Blogger Linda McCourt said...

Your projects are all wonderful and so use able. Your choices from Pat's book are equally nice. Thank you and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Lisa Dunlap said...

Love the circular pot holder! Thank you for the pattern!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love your site. Glad Pat Sloan directed me here.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older