Monday, June 02, 2014

That time again

Hi there! How was your weekend?  We had a happy weekend and even though it was just a normal old two day weekend it seemed long and fun.  You can tell it's summer now, not just with the advent of some really warm weather, but with the appearance of the Livermore Cowboy out by the freeway in front of the driving range.  Crazy town my friends.

big livermore cowboy
 
The guy is enormous and just a little bit menacing don't you think. It's like he's daring you to come into town.
Big scary cowboy
 
And now just for some perspective.. like I said, they guy is enormous.

Perspective

I did a bit of sewing last week.. made a little bag.  It's modeled after a bag I made last year, I really liked the shape.  Finding those cherry handles  where I'd put them for safe keeping  was a stroke of luck.  I know they're from Atsuko Matsuyama of  "The Pink Book" fame and you can find them on etsy, and shops can order them from Emma Creation.

Sewing fun-The summer bag
 
I'm really enjoying putting little bits of applique on things. I think it makes for a nice personalized project.  I had fun making this and plan on making some more fun things soon. 
 
So what are you working on? There's so many exciting projects going on online.  Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with how wonderful everyone else's projects are I can't seem to get mine started.  Does this ever happen to you?
 
Hope everyone has a great week! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger jan said...

OMG! I love that purse. It is absolutely adorable! And I think the cowboy is pretty handsome! lol.
xo jan

7:22 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I think that cowboy needs fancier boots! And yes, Instagram can be a bad thing too... I need to think about what I really want to make instead of following the pack! Thre's a really popular pattern that everybody is doing, and I'm resisting.

1:00 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I do understand about the pressures in the craft community. I don't really think anyone intends it to be that way, I know I am always my own worst critic! and this bag is so cute. we are headed up your way but not til after the rodeo so I guess we'll miss the cowboy. I will have to ask Annika if her Mom's take her...lol. My daughter will kill me!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Huckleberry stitches said...

That purse is fabulous! And the cherries, oh so cute! This summer I am hosting a small quilt , quilt along! Over on my blog and it's never to late to join! Happy summer

8:42 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Adorable handbag!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger kshackabq said...

Love your Rodeo Midas Man. We have a few of those over here in New Mexico. Great bag!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Love the bag and I have become so hooked on your blog and fabrics!! You are such a sweetie! Cat

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older