Saturday, December 15, 2012

Month One

SCHOOL'S IN SESSION!
Back to School with Pam Kitty
 

If this is your first visit to the classroom, we're studying the Civil War, and our text book is Barbara Brachman's Civil War Sampler. We've all grabbed  a pile of Pam Kitty Love and we've gotten started on our homework, which is 5 blocks at month.  I hope you decide to sit by me!
 
Here's my five blocks.  I'm  going to start at the beginning of the book and work my way through it. You can hop over to the Fat Quarter Shop blog and check out Kimberly's and Debbie's blocks. 
 
Block One: The White House

White House
 
Block Two: Star of the West

Star of the West
 
Block Three: Barbara Frietchie Star
 
Barbara Freitchie Star
 
Block Four: Catch Me If You Can
 
Catch Me If You Can
 
Block Five: Hovering Hawks
 
Hovering Hawks
 
 
 
I love how bright and cheerful these blocks are.  Five blocks a month is a nice tidy amount, you can take your time and really think about your cutting and stitching.  It's also a nice time to reflect on our lives now with so many conveniences, can you imagine living back the 1800s?  
 
Did you make some blocks? Please add them to the flickr group so I can check them all out! You'll find some special news about the group over at the Jolly Jabber, so be sure and check there! There's still time to get started! Classroom isn't in session again till January 15th! 

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Pam Kitty in the 1800s! Now that's some excitement. Love block 4!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

these looks 'sweet'. I am going to have to check out this back to school thing...this is the first I have read about it...but I have been beyond busy lately so I just probably missed the posts.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks gorgeous! I was going to do a Farmers wife-ish quilt out of Pam Kitty fabric. I think it will come up looking really cute like your civil war blocks.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

I agree with Melissa P. PKM in the 1800s. Color Photography would have been invented WAY sooner!! Fabulous Blocks! You are so good!!!!

8:16 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

Are the blocks templates because I wanted to do the Farmer's wife as well, but I don't like templates...

7:22 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I wanted to do this and it looks so fun. But I'm not sure I can handle it. I love how the civil war looks in PKL. Love it.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

I am anxious to join the group... I am waiting for my book to arrive! Your blocks are so cute.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older