Friday, September 21, 2012

Out of the house

Wednesday I was invited over to my friend Ann's house for dinner.  Ann has a fantastic recipe for taco salad but it makes a ton, so you need to invite friends over to eat it all up! Click the link for the recipe! Anyway a trip to Ann's in fall is feast for the eyes. She had her beautiful fall decor out and it's as fantastic as ever. 



Our friend Joyce was there. Joyce and I worked at Going to Pieces in Pleasanton many years ago.  She has a wonderfully decorated home, and I hope to go and get some photos.  Anyway.. she collected egg scales and I think my copy catting is pretty legendary, and I have many egg scales.  Ann had one too, and put it out with her dyed gourds.



I still really love primitive style quilts, particularly those of by Jan Patek  in her Red Wagon collections. Sometimes I think it would be fun to try out these quilts in my kind of colors.  I have a lot of favorites from back in the late 80s and early 90s.  It was a lovely evening, thanks Ann for having me over.
 


Its Friday again. Yesterday I finally got those butterfly wings re-cut.  I must be mind blocking those because believe it or not, I cut a few wrong before I realized it.  GOOD GRIEF.  But I'm on track. Still thinking about making different bodies for them, although honestly, with the luck I'm having maybe making them all the same makes more sense!  I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great time with friends. Thank you for sharing. ~Kelly

8:27 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I didn't know you worked at Going To Pieces. You were probably there during one of my many visits!

We used to have Taco Salad day where I used to work. We had a list of ingredients and every one picked something to bring. Then we assembled it for lunch. Fun times!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jenny Bonynge said...

Oh, thanks for the warning about those wings...I am now in the 2nd row phase of the row by row and any helpful hints regarding cutting are appreciated!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I love the bed with the white quilt and the splash of color in the other laying at the foot of the bed. I need to try that taco salad. And now is a great time for me to try it since my sisters and nieces are coming for a retreat next weekend. Thanks.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Wedding dresses said...

I really wish I hadn’t seen this as I really want one now!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

I love taco salad! Your bedroom is also really beautiful.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older