Friday, September 17, 2010

At last.

This week I finally got my rear in gear and headed up to Wooden Gate Quilts to check it out. It's great, Marby and the crew have worked very hard to get the shop all spiffed up and chock full of fabulous new fabric. Cyndi Rymer made this wonderful new logo quilt for the shop. Cyndy is just one of the famous people who hang out at Wooden Gate Quilts. We're lucky to have a lot of great talent in our area, of course it's awfully intimidating as well!

As usual I think I'm taking a slew of pictures.. but I wasn't! I WAS GAWKING at the new fabrics and the threads and talking. Here's Marby hanging up my Sugar Stars quilt. They carry a lot of Flower Sugar there, and they have a nice selection of Lecien fabrics in general. I needed to pick up some backing for this years Flower Sugar quilt, Sugar Shop. I think it's a fun quilt to make, you can ask Elizabeth... she liked it so much she made one herself!

Anyhooo.... I must doodle along this morning, Elizabeth and I are taking an afternoon off to go have lunch with Becky and Miss Jean. We might even hit a couple of antique shops! Plus I need more fusible fleece people.. bags are waiting to be made.

I hope you all have a super great weekend! xo



10 Comments:

Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Sounds like a wonderful start to the weekend!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

So, now I want to go to this shop too. Where is it? Is it open for business yet?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Looks like a wonderful shop. I'll add it to my "when I go home to my Bay area this is where I want to go" list
Last visit I went looking for a quilt shop I use to go to in W Creek but it was gone!
Have a great weekend!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Field trip!!!!!!! Quit shop and lunch in Danville = perfection!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love that logo quilt! I got in there last Saturday and the shop looks great! Can't wait until it fills up with fabric! : ) I need to head back up there once they have Bari's Country Lane.

1:05 PM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I'm dying to go visit GGQ next time I come home for visit. I just KNOW I'm gonna love it. You had me at Flower Sugar!

I love, love, love your Sugar Stars soooooooooo much!!! Can't wait to see your Sugar Shop.

Belated hello to E, Becky & Miss Jean!!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup.com said...

Who lit this fire under you? All the stuff you are making and showing is totally fabulous! I want one of everything...Elizabeth has my order!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I wish I could tag along on your lunch but you're too far away Pam Kitty!! You must visit me sometime and we can go to Tammy Tadd's and then out to lunch.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

Love that wooden gate quilt! What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing it with us.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Your quilt is so cute! You ARE lucky to have so much talent in your area -- what a source of inspiration. I hope you had a wonderful time with Becky, Miss Jean and Elizabeth -- what a fun lunch date!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older