Wednesday, July 03, 2019

GardenTime

Hi there friends!  How are you?  We're in July already, I can hardly believe it.  The weather is cooler than normal right now, so Chris, no complaints for me!  I'm enjoying every breezy open window moment as soon enough it will be scorching.  That's just how it is. 

So what's been going on since I came here last?  Seems like tons.  We took a quick Father's Day trip to Disneyland to catch the new Disneyland Galaxy's Edge.  Bret is a Star Wars fan, and we knew he wanted to go.  Frankie and I were watching the crowd tracker and weather and both were in our favor so we went in the middle of the week before Father's day.  It was great fun.  Perfect weather, not too crowded. 
 
Things around here are busy.  We're having some work done around the house and wow, it's not like we're hoarders but holy cow.  Finding places to move stuff around is quite a challenge. 
 
Watering Can
 
I have been a sewing a bit, and when I saw Margot's Watering Can Quilt I knew I had to make it.  I mean, come on, SCALLOPS! It's adorable, I've just cut out and made one so far, but I'll make more. 
 
A couple of years ago I bought some canvas to make a new canopy for my swing. Of course I promptly put it off making due with the old ripped up one.  I pulled the fabric out finally a couple of weeks ago and made another.  It was filled with frustrations, my fabric wasn't wide enough, I kept sewing wrong sides to right sides.  But it finally was done.    I have sat outside in the shade of the canopy since then.  My sweet neighbor Alice Jane passed away a couple of weeks ago.  She was so wonderful to me, friend and mentor, a confidant. Someone who really changed my life.  We always underestimate how much we will miss people. 

Alice-Jane
 
Me, mom, Frankie and Alice-Jane
Allied Arts Menlo Park
July, maybe 1990
 
Do you have 4th of July plans? Not much going on here.  More moving stuff around for us.  Seems like no matter how much we clean up and move out there's always a bunch more.  Well we've lived here about 36 years I think, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. 
 
I hope you are well friends.  Be safe over the holiday.  xop

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Such a lovely picture with your neighbor. They keep a special place in our hearts. I always have to think how blessed we are to have such wonderful people in our lives. Love your watering can block. I need to peruse Margot's new patterns :)! Funny how once items find a place in our home - it is easy to overlook them all, till it is time to clean up and clean out. We really had to condense when moving into our present home - and I said we will keep cleaning out, but......everything else found a place here, so......:)....guess what! Hope all goes well with the work on your house.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those watering cans are precious! A great pattern. I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a friend. I've lived in my house for a long time and it is time to go through stuff and see what I can reduce!

11:37 AM  
Blogger 日本美女寫真集 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Annelies said...

So sorry about the loss of your neighbor.....a deep void I am sure. Love your watering can, and of course I am working on the same!!!! Here is to summer and all the joy it has to offer. ��

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older