Thursday, August 03, 2017

Warning: This post may contain complaints.

Morning peeps! We've had a lot of hot hot days here.  I know it's *just* 100 but it feels so much hotter.  
 
Ok, I ranted, then deleted it all and now we're back in blog business.  I've wanted to get a nice photo of my Jelly Roll Railway quilt for a while, so Monday I took it out for a car ride.  I really love people show their quilts off on beautiful fencing, green rolling fields behind them, maybe even a horse strolling by. 
 
JellyRoll Railroad
 
This is California,  too hot and mostly brown, and way too sunny.  So you're stuck with pictures that are like the one above, half bleached by the sun and half in dark shade.

JellyRoll Railroad
 
This one looks like I had it rolled up in a ball in the trunk of my car.. oh well, this is how life is sometimes.  I really loved making this quilt, even though I didn't use a Jelly Roll.  You could go through your stash like I did and make your own Jelly Roll.  Make two, one for a friend, then invite them  for a sewing date and have some fun.  Wouldn't everyone like that?   Bring snacks!  
 
I hope you're keeping cool where ever you are.   I'm grateful for your friendship and AIR CONDITIONING! xop

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I love this quilt. It is fun and playful. I also love the floral choice to showcase the small strips. Nice touch.....and I'm not particularly fond of florals. But I sure love it in this quilt. Thanks for the photo. It shows the quilt very nicely.

5:33 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I know! We are so spoiled living within a few miles of ocean but this month has been so miserably hot!! And today the a/c is on at 8:15 am. Such a cute picture Pam, at least you have nice fences nearby to ad to the ambiance. And I do love the jelly roll idea! A fun way to use stash and hangout with friends....and eat goodies. I won't forget the coffee.🙂

8:25 AM  
Blogger wenhkc said...

I love the colors in your quilt. Which fabrics did you use? Isn't nature a jokester sometimes? I live in the area you describe as your location but I've had sunny MILD warmth all Summer...of course, I live right by the Bay.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

You need to come to NH for the summer and I need to come to California for the winter! Beautiful 80's all summer except for a day last week that never got above 56. Can't explain that one.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Such a pretty quilt! i haven't taken quilt pics 'in the wild' yet ......it's hard enough to in the garden with no one looking! And impossible in bright sunlight which you have a lot of...here not so much!! Xox

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older