Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Just Walk Away

There are just some days it doesn't pay to thread the machine.  Sunday I was sewing away on my Easy Addition blocks and suddenly looked at the block I was working on and thought, hmm, I wonder if I'm laying this out right.    AND I HAD NOT.  I had sewn prior to this about 30 blocks.I went through all of them and  there were a whopping 5 correct, and I distinctly remember at the time thinking they looked different.   OHMYGOSH. As you can see that one on the right is all kinds of wrong with it's little contrast squares out to the edge and not by the plus. 


Errors
 
Luckily, if there can be a luckily to this situation, my scrappy backgrounds make this not a real big problem, you know except in my brain, so I'm going to soldier on.  Even if you made it as the pattern is written, with a single background, it's not a problem, all that gives you away are  the seams. The design elements are correct.  Except in the case of Righty there, who has already been fixed.
 
Turns out that this wasn't the mindless project I needed for the retreat, I'm  just a mindless sewer.  I found the last of the blocks I needed to put together and I will make those this week. Or maybe I won't. It's a busy week.  No hurry.  Right?  
 
I share this because I know we're all sitting at our machines feeling dense sometimes! You're having a good day/ bad day/  fun day / mad day... and then something happens and bam. Sad Day. It happens to all of us.  Even the best of us, which ugh, I don't think I'm the best, but I do think the best get their rippers out sometimes.

I'll soldier on.  Lessons are learned. I still love my blocks, the crazy scrappy backgrounds and the bright red plusses make me feel cheerful.  Happy day! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

This is going to be a happy quilt with a funny backstory! I do like your bright red pluses and maybe will do a second version down the road in similiar colors. I worked on accent square blocks in a couple of chain sew fests. But to get the layouts right I have been laying out 2/3 at a time on a small design board I take to machine. Not as efficient but it's working. My boards aren't nearly as cute as Lori's but it's a great use of painters tape!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Grandma said...

I like your colors. I have the pattern but have not started my quilt.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam just leave it and stop stressing over it. It's your quilt with your rules.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

Ugh. I'm usually a midless sewist but press on. Still super cute!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

Ugh. I'm usually a midless sewist but press on. Still super cute!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Grrrrr - know that feeling! Beautiful fabrics though :)!

8:35 AM  
Blogger MIss Sherry said...

We have all done stuff like this!! The worst is when ripping can not fix it #palmtotheforhead #doh

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older