Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday

Good morning! I hope the week is progressing along as you'd hoped!  Yesterday I made a trip over to Dublin to the Joanns, our local store is moving and the inventory is really picked over. I needed some fusible. I guess fusible is  in hot demand lately, because they were sold out of my packaged choice.  Oh well, there's always another day!
 
My backyard is full of birds. My local squirrels are eating most of the mixed seed but there's plenty to go around.  This little Black Phoebe has spend the last couple of weeks flitting around my yard. He's enjoying what the squirrels knock to the ground, they're not feeder eaters.  He won't be here much longer, he's on his way somewhere else I'm sure.


Black Phoebe

I've left this picture small because wow, are these baby hummers UGLY. There's three in the nest, you can barely tell.  That bottom one looks pretty small, and I suspect it's chubbier siblings are getting all food. The mom comes and goes feeding them.  I've hung up some baskets of flowers and have a hummingbird feeder, but she must have some better source as she's constantly zooming out. Maybe she doesn't like my choices!

2013 spring hummingbirds

Ok, that's about it here.  Hope you have a good productive day! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

The Phoebes are nesting here, all over our house.
Now I want to be on the lookout for hummers, too... I'll be prepared for the homely babes... lol

6:51 AM  
Blogger simply bev said...

I watched a nest of baby hummers last spring and so enjoyed watching them grow into adorable emerald green beauties. So fun!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Our Phoebes are year round residents. They hang out with me when I water the backyard and swoop in to get the insects that fly out of the grass and shrubbery.

Baby birds...not pretty. But these will be a delight when they're full grown. (I'm sure that's been said many times over about human babies as well.)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Little Lady Patchwork said...

Have a great Pam Kitty Day! :0)
Stefanie

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I have read, hummers usually have only 2 babies. Hope he/she makes it!

1:08 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

A face only a mother could love ;)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

As you may know, I'm doing Elizabeth's Terrier Town block of the month. I was out shopping today for thread for the applique. It occurred to me that if Aurifil came out with a PamKittyMorning collection it would make my life so much easier!!! If it can be done for Minick and Simpson it can be done for you! Just saying...

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older