Thursday, March 07, 2013

Hello Thursday


Hi there! How was Wednesday?  I had a busy stay at home day, there's always jobs around the house when you've been out for a few days.  I did manage to get in some cutting on my row-along quilt.

progress
 
Have you seen that Lori has posted the latest row? It's a cute row of tulips.  And to top that off, it's THE LAST ROW.  I can't wait to see how it goes together.  As you might remember, I haven't added the top and bottom strips on my rows, so I'm thinking, depending on how it goes, that I might add my yellow on white love birds to those rows. I'm afraid I'm going to have to hoard the last of my yellow on white dot.. in fact next before I do anything I'm going to check my status, the piece I was cutting from only has about 5 inches left.  I'M PANICKING.
 
Ok, I checked, I have more. Phew. I also haven't added the ends to my rows.  It could have been a catastrophe.   Anyway, I have my background pieces cut for my tulips row, next up all the leaves and tulips. It's a cheerful end to the project isn't it? 
 
Ok, today is another day over at the studio, so I'll wish you all a happy weekend now!  Any big plans?  Sewing? projects?  Did you see that Melissa made me a darling pincushion? I can't wait for it to come in the mail! She appliqued a cute patch on the back, so clever.  Ok, happy weekend peeps! See you next week. xo

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

You're so industrious! Row-alongs, Market prep, house cleaning...I'm impressed.

Have fun over at the studio!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Every time I see something you have done, the colors you choose make my heart happy! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave from
Bev

7:43 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I know what that panic is like. I ordered the red birds (I think 3 yards) so I have it before I can't get any of it. Now I think I should order the yellow. EEk. I always feel that way when I have a fabric I love. I also ordered the white with the tiny tiny hearts and roses (another 3) because you just can't always find a great light print when you want one. I feel better now knowing I'm not the only fabric hoarder.

10:35 AM  
Blogger jan said...

I saw Lori's tulips and they are adorable!! I know exactly how you feel about fabric... I am only on block 11 of the Back to School with Pam Kitty quilt and I am already panicking that I will run out of fabric!I am making 12" blocks instead of the 8".But sew much fun!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

I was finishing up my PKM quilt and ran 9 inches short of the white with the tossed mini roses from the first line. It took 2 days online to find it. Super crazy! And I bought 5 yards to start with! Those red birds Nanette is speaking of? I have 4 yards of that one. I hope it will be enough. For whatever and whenever. It is so my fav! xo have a good weekend!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older