Friday, July 06, 2012

Bye Bye Birdie

And in the blink of an eye it was over.

7/05

Last night I got home from Holly's and saw just one hummingbird on the nest. I knew it was just a matter of time for the one who had been fluttering it's wings and sitting way up at the top of the nest. I just didn't expect to feel so sad about it when it wasn't there any longer. I looked out among the trees and bushes to see if I saw the bird perched close by, but nothing. The second hummer buzzed off quite confidently around 7pm.  I actually felt a little weepy over it.

So what's on the agenda this weekend peeps? I hope something fun. I just want to buckle down today and get some organizing done. Or some sewing. And I sure hope there's some Law and Order on. Seriously, I'm going into the L&O withdrawals now that they're playing the Mentalist on TNT.  One or two days of L&O just isn't enough I'm afraid.   Hope you guys have a great weekend!!! xo 

9 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Have a great day, Pam. Maybe the hummers will swoop nearby now and then! And yep I do so miss L&O, always the go to pastime.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

It always amazes me when those babies just up and fly away. Hardly any muscle building required--just spread wings and step off the nest.

I'm with you on the L&O issue. We'll manage, I suppose. But just barely.

Have a great Friday!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

I don't know anything about hummingbirds but maybe if you put one of those red feeders by a window the babies would come back for a visit. Wouldn't that be fun? We had some purple flowering bushes in the front yard once that the hummingbirds loved. I think every one for miles around visited us for those flowers. You might plant some and see what happens. Have a good weekendPam.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

How lovely that you had the hummingbirds nesting there, even if not for long!
And thank you... I was so thrilled to have your comment on my blog....now I'm giddy too!! I can't get enough of PKM fabric, I love it and it's so inspiring to create with!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Helen x

9:04 AM  
Blogger Johanna said...

My daughter gets very sad when the baby birds on our porch leave the nest. The current babies are splitting their nest open pretty good right now. A couple more days! I will miss them, but not the bird poop!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, we have the empty nest blues, too. Mama duck on a nest by our house for a month or so, then on the 4th the CUTEST 11 ducklings hatched. 24 later, gone to the pond where we cannot see. Miss her/them so...

3:26 PM  
Blogger ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

I hear you about the Mentalist. That show is no comparison to L&O. I can stand some NCIS, but I love to sew to L&O. I got a Roku on Amazon and can stream Netflix right onto my TV. There are hundreds of episodes of L&O available to stream. The Wonder Years is what I am watching right now.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww, what great pictures of the humming bird babies as they grew! Now is that a Christmas light she is perched on? Trying to figure out the size related to something I know. Love your site and will be "pinning" your block #4 for the Christmas in July Blockathon on Monday! :-) Mine will be out on Aug. 3rd :)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny Bonynge said...

Yes, the baby hummers are rather like your children, they do leave the nest.Heartbreaking, but we'll get over it! Ha! Ha!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older