Thursday, July 15, 2010

The way life is.

Yesterday I got this comment from Anonymous "How come you don't blog as much as you used to? I miss your daily musings." I guess I just don't think my life is that interesting right now. I looked back on the last couple of Julys and man I was busy! But this year, not so much. Yesterday morning Elizabeth and I shared more than a few emails on how positively tasty our salads at Chevy's were and how we'd like them delivered within the hour. FASCINATING TALK. But did you see her new website? Very pretty and Red Rose Farmy. I mean how many shots of my cup of coffee can people take? Although aren't those magazines wonderful? I don't think it's really Country Home like the old days but I can dream right? And that other magazine is the one that photo's of Happy's house is in. And Sandy gave me that mug and every time I drink coffee out of it I think of her. I have good friends.
I don't know if you can see it, but hanging off my wonderful new clothesline is a delicate spiderweb. I must have spiders galore this year, lots of pretty webs everywhere. It seems a shame to have to brush it away, but laundry needs doing if Bret is to have fresh shirts for work.


Here's my pretty Eden Climber rose. Can you believe how lovely it is? I bought it last year and regretfully it's still in its paper pulp pot. I keep auditioning it all over and I'm never satisfied. My mother has its arching canes tied to my swing! I'll have to decide something SOON.

I mean with those pinks and the greens and the blue sky, you can see how one might dream up fabric like Flower Sugar right? I'm not going to lie, I might have seen next season's preliminary designs. Swoonable.


If only this rose covered my house.

Anyway Anonymous, I'll try to be better, xop


17 Comments:

Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Had to let you know: This made me smile.
Thank you.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Beautiful roses! And we do like to hear from you :-) Kinda gets the day going, if you know what I mean ;-)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

You are doing just fine. I love your posts and your coffee...keep it up! I live my NorCal vicariously through you!:)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

We were discussing the huge disappointment that is that country home on facebook this week. It's ALL reruns for goodness sake. Blah. Can you not find ANYTHING new to show us?

7:09 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Not much going on is a GOOD thing in my book!
:-)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

I like the pictures of your coffee cup and magazines! They are way better than the pictures that I post of my groceries. Those roses are really something. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Obviously, *anonymous* is not a blogger. Sometimes real life gets busy. Sometimes we don't have much to share. As a blog reader, I empathize, wanting to read regular updates from my favorites. But as a blogger, I always understand when there's a quiet stretch. Like this month at my place. ;-)
BTW, I never tire of your coffee cup shots, but you are such a tease with the Flower Sugar mention!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I think the rose should stay tied to your swing. Grammie knows best.
I'm still waiting for my salad.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Well I think you could make waiting for a salad interesting. You just have that wit and keen sense of observation. Besides... you're my window to the world! But I'm glad you're what pleases you and what's best for you!

And speaking of the PKMnewscenter - I didn't know about Happy's exciting news! Were you able to get that magazine at B&N or Borders? I'm going into The Big City later - and will have to make a pit-stop if so! BTW... soooo WYWCWM!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

lol
That just comes with being a "public" person. This week someone left me a comment that I don't post on quilting anymore, just boring and expensive decorating no one cares about. C'est la vie. It's my life and welcome to it.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

This shows your sweet nature not to get irked at anonymous. First off I hate anonymous comments. Second of all do these people know the time it takes to photo and write? We do it because we want to. But seriously. Posts do not make themselves up. And there is a lot going on in our lives.

So you got a sneak peak huh. Jealous.

2:15 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh my goodness, I do miss you when you're quiet but for heavens sake you have more to do than entertain me! More Flower Power...oh yes!

5:13 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Love your coffee cups, love your magazines, LOVE your roses (& Flowers Sugar blue sky!), & I even love your delicate spiderweb. I actually love spiderwebs. . . they make me think of Charlotte & Wilber, & I can't help but smile. . .!
Hope you have a rose filled day with great salads. . . (!)
xo, Bren

5:35 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Hi Pam! The roses are simply gorgeous, and you're right, against the trees and the blue sky = flower sugar. Nice observation! I saw that Country Home at the store and almost screamed with glee...but then got sad that it was a "special" issue. Even sadder at the price. LOL

5:44 PM  
Anonymous barbara@quiltsoup.com said...

Puh-leeze plant that gorgeous rose. I couldn't stand it if it didn't make it. That is thee most bee-u-tee-ful rose I have ever seen and I have seen lots of them! Glad to know someone else has mundane days besides me! You probably get that people just love you and miss you when they don't hear from you, right?

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

I remember finding that cup at one of our fav stores - Homegoods. Love that place!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Kate D. Spain said...

are you kidding?! keep on posting your "Mug Shots". love them! And magazines? Pile 'em up! What is your favorite home styling magazine anyway? if you had to narrow it down to only one subscription which one couldn't you live without? Your roses are beautiful and i always love to see what's blooming in your back yard. xok

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older