Thursday, October 15, 2009

HOME from Quilt Market

Good morning peeps, how are you? I'm glad to be back home drinking coffee and relaxing here. It was a wild trip and I'm going to pace myself getting back to it. I want to start off with this though, because O-M-G.

Lizzy House, with some inspiration from her mom Cherri, made us an Armadillo Cake. Look at this baby! I can't get over how thoughtful it was.

A lot of fun people came by to share this cake with us and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed and was touched by the whole experience.


He was amazing with his red velvet interior. And the creamy cream cheese frosting under that fondant, amazing. I still can't believe she made it, you know that fellow took some time!

Here's Lizzy again showing off an adorable dress made with her latest line of fabric, Red Letter Day. Thanks again Lizzy, you're completely cute.

On the local news front, our friend Lisa Stone of Quilt Bug Patterns had her first booth at quilt market this year. We were happy to see her and Dale, her husband there. We worked with Lisa at the local shop for a long time.

Here's Quilt Bug, she's the 'voice' of Lisa's cute fall themed book The Adventures of Quilt Bug and her Pumpkin Patch Pals. Congrats Lisa!


I have a lot of market photos, so I'll be working on those today! Stay tuned. And talking about staying tuned, click on the radio button to go to the list of people posting about market. You'll find a lot of amazing posts about market.
Ok, I've had one wonderful cup of coffee and I'm ready to go get another and get busy! Missed you peeps! xo

12 Comments:

Anonymous happy zombie said...

The first post... I've been waiting for this! Loved it. Love, love, loved it. And I just can't get over Lizzy. What a sweetie.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Pretty sure I'll remember that cake forever! Of course I'll have to fully wake up first and I'm just not sure how long that's gonna take.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Visions of 'Sweet Magnolias' but Lizzy's armadillo cake is so adorable. Much prettier looking than the one in the movie. I bet it was yummy too!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

YOu leave me always wanting more... market photos, and coffee too!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your cake was amazing, how exciting to receive it and share. I think you make market as fun for others as it is for you!!Thanks for sharing!! Is there a second cup this morning!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

That cake is SO totally awesome. What a gal! Now bring on the market photos! We've all been waiting patiently, dontchaknow? :-)

12:02 PM  
Blogger WoolenSails said...

That is one fun cake, would hate to eat it.
Did you get any pictures of Lynette Anderson's booth? I really want to see it if you got some shots.

Debbie

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I loved your videos from market. Now when I read your posts, I can hear your voice and the inflections (sp) with the way you get so excited when talking. Thanks!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Hey, you are back! Can't wait to hear all the details : )

6:18 PM  
Blogger Kim Walus said...

What sweet friends to make you such a fun cake! Thanks too for all of your wonderful market updates and for sharing all of the inspiration you saw there at market. I've really enjoyed it and feel like I only missed out on the meeting people part. I love the friendship part of quilting the most!!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

What an amazing cake! Duff would be proud! Everything looks yummy...fabric, smiles, everything! Rest up and have lots of good Peets! xo Pam in Chico

7:34 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

That armadillo looks too cute to be, er, FOOD. Although I did enjoy seeing photos of it with the red velvet guts splattered about.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older