Friday, February 20, 2009

A Squirrel's Progress


I wish I had the same kind of drive and energy the squirrel has. Holy cow, look at that! That's some motivation. I on the other hand, can't get myself to settle in and actually do something. I resorted to a little vacuuming to fill the time, and then was embarrassed at how much dog fur had accumulated in the few short days since I vacuumed the last time. How are they not bald?
I have a perfectly good project on the wall ready to be sewn into rows, and I have piles of wonderful fabrics like the Bubblegum Basics that Barbara sent me and this really Sweet pile of Moda goodness that Lissa sent me. (Hey, did you know I know the Urban Chiks?)


I am constantly in awe of designers who come up with new designs that are fresh and inspiring over and over. I know it can't be as easy as they make it seem! Now I just need to move those ideas I have out of my head and down onto paper and start cutting some fabric! Have a good day people!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That squirrel is is a productive little critter. I feel the same way about the designers, total awe. But that is what makes what we do even more fun! Lots of new inspiration.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I really love having a blog reader! I think I am now keeping up with my favorite bloggers much better.

Sheesh, if I didn't know better I'd think a goat had got to your sunbrella. I had no idea squirrels were hell on fabric.

7:48 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

It looks and sounds like a super day to me!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

If your little squirrel only knew he was making people smile all over the world.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Oh my heck that squirrel cracks me up! LOVE, LOVe the photo of your fabric. It's so cheery. ;o) ooxx`jod

12:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That squirrel is sure a busy guy.....I think Miss Pam you are spoiled for choice on what to do next....perhaps if you spin around three times and point to something on your table and make that the next thing you do?? LOL.....or click your heels three times and send all the fabric goodness to my place and I will choose for you...! But that would mean I would have to make a decision...and I struggle with that....phew! looking forward to seeing what you make next......when you decide! LOL ....but those fabrics sure are pretty just to look at too!

1:01 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

I swear we must have a squirrel too. We have an awning that is looking the same way. I don't think it's made as much progress because the dogs keep it away.

I am very impressed that you know the Urban Chiks. I love their stuff.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ooohhh, what are you going to do with the jelly roll? I have one and I'm looking for ideas...

6:37 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

WOW! that squirrel was on a mission!

...and that jelly roll looks delicious!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine there are little green terds all around your back yard. OMG, that's crazy what the squirrel has done! Hey... if your squirrel were on FB... what would he say? McSquirrely Morning is...

Can't wait to see what sweet project you come up with... I KNOW it will be amazing!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I had better hurry and order myself some Sweet before it is all gone!

10:12 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Well that little critter! I love the new little rolls from Moda, aren't they cute? Yours is very pretty.

12:29 PM  
Blogger QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I once had a pet squirrel, I named him Charlie and he would come when i called him. If he wanted a peanut and he seen me in the bow window he'd come to the screen door and rattle the handle til i am out and fed him!!!Just Di

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older