Thursday, October 04, 2007

La La La

It's feeling a bit fallish around here. In tiny bits and spurts. One day cool, another hot. At least the nights are cool. Not so we have to close the windows cool, but still cool. Lightweight quilt cool. I love my little crab apple, all orange and fall like. I wanted to have a crab apple to cut the branches and bring inside, but this poor fellow will need to grow a lot before that can happen. Still pretty in place out back.
Saturday Bret and I took a ride up to Petaluma. I was glad of the opportunity to take a million pictures off the bridge. Like San Francisco here. It was a glorious day, you can see all those boats out, and the sky was so blue. This bridge freaks us out sometimes. I thought I was over it, you can see right out the bottom there and it always creeped me out as a kid, like we'd some how turn to rubber and slip under there and fall into the water. Bret and I got to talking about it and then we creeped ourselves out and couldn't wait for the thing to end. Phew. (I know, we're freaks)

Elizabeth and I had planned on going but she's in pre-market-frenzy mode and ran out of time. Michelle McCauley from the Summer Cottage had emailed us they had a big event Sunday. Sigh, maybe next year. But Bret and I went Saturday afternoon and it was fun. We ran into some friends up there, Sharon and Roger from American Harvest!



Bret played a little scrabble while I looked around. It was a lovely day out.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Love your pictures of San Francisco from the bridge. I always get creeped out when I'm on that bridge - seems like it takes forever to get across, but the view is wonderful!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridges are so scary these days. After that big one fell in Minn. I am so afraid to cross over to the other side. Maybe I should swim over.LOL!!! Oh no then I would drown. But then if I fell in I would drown too. But if..... Oh never mind. I do not like bridges!!! LOL

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridges don't bug me in the least. EXCEPT that San Rafael Bridge! I always feel like my car will slide under that guardrail. Oh, and the time the Golden Gate Bridge celebrated it's 50th birthday and me and a million other people were crammed (or is it cranned) on the bridge and it bowed downward. Anyhoo... I hate the SRB. You are not alone.

Love, love all your pics and love the way you play Scrabble.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS.... I think blogger is being naughty today with it's word verification.... "zqttcox". I danno...

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know - the weather is BIZARRE lately! Monday, it was almost 90. Today, it's freezing. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be sunny and by Sunday, 80 again. No wonder everyone is getting sick!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so crazy how much I miss the Bay Area. I moved to San Antonio a year and a half ago and it still doesn't feel like home. I have a feeling it never will. There is a lot to say about the SF skyline. Enjoy its beauty for me.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Sounds like a perfect day for a ride. Since the earthquake I freak even on overpasses :-0

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Pam,
We may not get the huge color change in the Fall like the East Coast, but we do live in the beautiful SF Bay Area with our wonderful weather! Your crab apples are showing off their nice fall colors and we do have some trees with magnificent color changes. It was great to see you and Bret in Petaluma. We are still amazed that "someone" was playing scrabble and had just enough letters to spell out PamKittyMorning!!!!
Sharon

7:31 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I am very scared of bridges and often close my eyes while traveling over them. Max thinks it is a fun game to tell me we're over it and to get me to open my eyes while we're still high over the water.

Petaluma is a great town to visit. I lived there for four years and loved it.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Forgot to say-the crabapples are very pretty.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older