Sunday, September 23, 2007

Apple Pam Easy

Good Morning and Hello to all of you coming on over from Hollycakes! Its day 10 of Dazzling Dozen of Delightful Desserts and today is my turn!!! Thank you Holly for hosting this tasty extravaganza.
As many of you know by now, I have picky eating family. Picky. Eating. Back in the beginning, there were family members around who would eat all the interesting food I'd make courtesy of Martha, but now between the picky and the family members with dietary issues, food is simple and a small part of our world. Which brings me to my simple easy dessert.

You start out with some puff pastry sheets and some fresh apples. I used 2 apples here. Thaw your pastry sheet out following the package instructions. I lightly roll it, but you can skip that if you like. I slice off about half an inch all around, then use those pieces like a frame. They'll puff up and hold in the juicy apple goodness. Place your thawed framed up puff pastry on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. You know. Pam. Cooking with Pam!

Peel and core your apples, then slice thin, either with a knife like I did here for a rustic look, or with a mandoline, which gives you nice thin even slices. Dust your pastry with a bit of sugar and cinnamon. Layer on the apples slightly overlapping. Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon on the apples. Bake at 400 degrees in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes till the pastry is puffed and golden brown.

It makes for a nice easy dessert, light and just the right amount of sweet and tart, if you use Granny Smith apples like I did. Puff pastry is a wonderful item to keep stored in your freezer, you can do all kinds of amazing things with it.




This dessert also doubles as a lovely breakfast treat with coffee and a side of sewing! Make one today!

Alright, thanks for stopping by. Check in with Holly tomorrow to see who's up next! I hear its going to be MARVELOUS!



At the end of the event be sure and keep watching Holly's blog, I hear there are going to be PRIZES!!!

23 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne said...

Ooh Pam -- that looks REALLY good !! I love apple pie, but can't make a pie crust to save my life -- so this looks like a good alternative -- THANKS !

9:15 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You know how my guys love cooking with Pam!
I have a vague recollection of eating an embarrassingly large SLAB of that apple goodness awhile back...I may have to go get some puff pastry!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that looks easy enough for even me to make. LOL It can't get all soupy like my last pie. And by the way that's an awful large piece you have there for breakfasts!!!! LOL!!!! I'm just jealous cause I had CHEERIOS for breakfast. YUCK!! I like yours better.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! I think that I could get my picky kids and picky husband to eat that! And if they don't like it, that's more for me!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooo making that. Right after I wipe the lick marks off my monitor.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Ila K. said...

Very pretty, looks delightful! On my list to use up apples for sure!

(psst-- if you don't like cleaning off the cookie sheets after baking, try baking parchment paper, found in the grocery store where the foil, freezer paper, etc is. Makes clean up a snap, and it's also pretty handy for an applique pressing sheet if you can't find yours)

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy - thanks for sharing the recipe. It's been so much fun visiting the different dessert/sewing diva's everyday and seeing what they are offering for the table.

Karen

7:08 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

this even looks easy enough for me to make. quite impressive Pam! thanks :-)

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMY!! I will so be making this! Puff pastry is the BEST! You can use it for so many things. Thanks for sharing!h

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooking with Pam, HA! You crack me up. That looks mighty tasty and I'm LOVING the easiness factor. Additionally, CONGRATS on your quiltie-bookie goodness!!!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Yum, Yum-Yummy-O!!! I love puff pastry and this looks fabulous. Easy peasy too -- thanks for a great dessert!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious, I love anything with puff pastry and anything that's easy! Thank you for this great recipe Pam.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Doe said...

I want me some of that right now! Aaahhh, you're making me drool!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Now, that is my kind of breakfast!

5:59 PM  
Blogger gina said...

a tasty treat fer sure. yummmm

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks absollutely wonderful. I love apple desserts.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks heavenly!! Thanks PKM. You are a rockstar in the kitchen (who has an attitude problem!)

xoxo

11:33 PM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

Wow that's one desert/breakfast I need to try! I love your blog...so inspiring!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Got my Keepsake Quilting catalog yesterday and saw your quilt featured in a picture with Alex's book. You're famous!

8:01 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

I've got to go the market today for bread, but I'm getting the stuff to make this for the girls. We have these apples here, Honeycrisp, and they're out now, so I'm gonna get some and use 'em! My girls will LOVE this! And the husband too. :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I have apples! I have a mandoline!

I guess I just need to get my bahookie down to the store to get some puff pastry because that looks DELICIOUS! Especially with the coffee.

Now I want coffee and pastry.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirley has been reading this recipe while she's vacationing in the Klamath & wants to make it as soon as she gets home.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older