Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lately

Lately it seems like things have been busy and boring, happy and sad all at once. You know how it is, it happens to everyone. I'll try not to dwell on the sad things, and look for tiny pleasures that can light up the day. Things you rarely see anymore. Like a quail. I know for certain I haven't seen a quail in a year. So this fat little quail is a blessing.
And another blessing, finding this in the morning. We had a tiny rain a few days ago and up popped more rain lilies. If that doesn't bring a smile, what will?
I hope you have a day full surprises my sweet little lilies.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

It always helps improve my mood when I focus on things I am grateful for. It never fails! I have a quail family that lives on the hill behind my house, and I could watch them bob around for hours. Your lilies are so sweet too.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I don't think I've EVER seen a quail. What a beautiful sight.
(((hugs)))
Kim

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've sure been having those days as well. Thanks for showing off some blessings! I'll go looking around for some over here.
Love,
anonymous

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, come on up to my house and you can see whole coveys of quail. We have them living in the berry bushes in our driveway. I'd gladly send some of the wild turkeys home with you. Two moms and their 12 - 14 teenagers are wrecking havoc in my vegetable beds by using them for dust baths. I'd even pack in a few cottontail bunnies for fun!
Thankfully the possums and raccoons only come out at night. It's a regular wildlife center around here!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quail is the cutest thing I've ever seen! So, they really do have that wee little "antenna" on their heads! Thanks for an adorable picture! XXOO, Beth

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be sad, be happy. Your happy and you know it clap your hands!!!! I said YOUR happy and you know it........are you clapping yet??? Think of fabric that always cheers me up big time.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older