Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I Confess.

I will confess, but first I want to give you a little peek at something that made me deliriously happy today. Hard to do in temps in the hundreds. HUNDREDS PEOPLE. I know, many of you live in hot weather, far far hotter than it is here in the 7th Circle of --oops I mean Livermore Valley, but I believe I did warn you that I'd be complaining. This is a rain lily. Probably 15 years ago I read about them in a Southern Living magazine. You know, back in the olden days when getting a regional magazine was like a small miracle. I really moved heaven and earth to get some of these bulbs. They're easier to find now, but back in the day there was way less internet action. The article said that they'd bloom after summer rain. You know in North Carolina or wherever they were in the article. They used to bloom a lot for me, but this last year, not so much. Last night I noticed the flower, still a bud. This morning it was still in bud form, but when I returned from a nice holiday brunch, the flower was in full bloom. So sweet. Tomorrow, it will be toast.
And now for the confession. I've had my lovely Koala quilting table for several years. Nice huh?
This is the first time it's been cleared off. Ever, in the history of sewing tables at my house. I have some more Celebrity Stunt Sewing to do, and it requires the space. Don't even ask me what I did with all the stuff. There's a reason why only the table shows.
So my little sparklers, I hope you had a lovely day! Hugs all around!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it a good feeling to have it cleaned off. Somehow it never stays for long in my room. Enjoy your blog.
Robin

11:14 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

love the rain lily.

and holy smokeronies, that is a rocking table.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I will complain about the heat right along with you. I hate it!!!! We are supposed to reach triple digits tomorrow. WAAAAAAAAA

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my lord! Is that what a clean sewing table looks like?? I, personally, wouldn't have experience with that personal joy. Well, maybe once... but it's a bit hazy!

Love your thread storage. Care to share what those shelves are and where you got them?

8:52 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

The thread storage piece is just an old printer's tray.. usually easy to find, at least around here. If you're looking for one for thread, make sure the little cubbies are big enough. I like that I can also put little trinkets in the small spots.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno what you're talking about. There's TONS of open space around there! Love your display as well.
Love,
anonymous

9:29 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wonderful cleaning on the table. I did mine the other day (first time)...I should keep it that way...looks much better and I can find my stuff too.

9:34 AM  
Blogger atet said...

Wow -- I've been trying to keep my sewing table cleaner these days (then again, it's mostly because we've actually been trying to use it for its intended purpose -- dining!) and I'm not always that successful (who am I kidding? almost never -- when we eat -- take everything off and toss aside until after dinner). Someday, I will have a craft table I can keep as messy as I want. But your cleared off one is lovely ;0).

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My what a neat and tidy workspace you have there. :-) Now let's see if you can keep it that way. Hmmmmm I'm guessing not. Only cause I know how hard that is to do when our working on a project.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it still clean? Gives me some incentive to do the same - - -maybe! Stay cool, ls

6:10 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Oh, that lily reminds me of my hometown! I just love those things...so pretty and sweet. I need to find me some for my yard. thanks for the reminder!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I remember when we had snow in NH in April and you all were showing off your flowers that the day would come when we were having 70's and 80's and you guys would be boiling and I guess it has happenned! So sorry you all out west are having such horrible heat. Please keep it out there.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I am going to get to visit In Between Stitches next month. We're going to Napa and on our way home hubby is going to stop there for me. Hopefuly you will be working.
Sharon

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just come over here and look at your clean table because I will never see mine! EVER!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Georgia Peachez said...

Hi Pam, I just discovered your blog, how fab! You have the most stinkin' cute blog banner I have ever seen!
My neighbor was giving away some of these rain lilies, they are just precious.
xo, suzy

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older