Sunday, July 08, 2007

Good Sunday Morning!

This past week I was invited to a 4Th of July brunch at a friends house. Of course the company and the food was yumilicous, and the garden, OH! MY! GOSH! So many things to look at. I could have spent the day photographing things, but it was HOTHOT so I went back home to my air conditioned house. Don't you want to take a big ol' bite out of one of these? I don't supposed they're even ripe yet, but if it wasn't rude I'd have ripped one right off the tree to try.
And bees on flowers. A favorite. I'm not very patient but I'd wait for that. There were a lot of bees but they were minding their own business so we didn't have any problems.
The last two evenings have been deliciously cool out, so I've taken a magazine out back to the swing to read. I love that kind of cool crisp evening where it's just a degree or two away from being too cool. There's enough light still left for reading, no one in the neighborhood is blasting off fireworks so the dogs are quiet. All good.

Speaking of all good, Elizabeth has a kit for this quilt available, with the exact fabrics I used. I love all those fabrics. Her blog has the details.

We're off for a day trip today. Then more quilting when I get back. All I can say is, why the heck didn't I clear off that table before. OH! MY! GOSH! Its like a sewing miracle.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Beautiful photos and yes, I will take a bite!
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weekend Pam! I'm off to Elizabeth's blog to check out the kit. Thanks!

Keep cool!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Those apples look like Pink Pearls. So pretty!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty flowers & I know you love bees. It's too hot here to even go outside to see if there are any flowers around.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great pictures of the flowers. Thanks for sharing.
Sitting on a swing reading a book sounds heavenly.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam I tried to post under my redgeraniumcottage name but was having problems

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning! I awoke to find Hollyhocks on your blog! Is that a subliminal shout-out? Loved the photos. Isn't it great how blogs make you really stop and smell the "roses"?

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older