Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why today blogger?

Blogger is really being a pain in the.. well you know. Geez. I wanted to start on my stories about my trip today. Rats. I had all these great ideas about photos and blah blah blah. Nada.

I had a wonderful time. Met a lot of super cool people including Jackie at Wren's Nest,and Heather Bailey and Gina Halladay from Quilter's Buzz then a bunch of famous quilty people came in, including Darlene Zimmerman, who writes books and makes quilting tools and designs fabric. I didn't realize she had a website as well, wahoo. I just adored meeting her. She was super nice and at her tool demonstration at the EZ quilting booth she signed a hexagon ruler for me. Because she rocks. She was my favorite celebrity of all time. I wish I'd been brave enough to get a picture but I'm sure behind her kind smile she was thinking STALKER ALERT.

We went to a lot of great places to shop including the Historic Town of Springs, and that was a blast. There was a great shop there for all things shabby chic and we wish it was closer. Photo someday. I managed to pick up something 'totally Texas' for Frankie. I found the most blingy over the top handbag for her and of course I really have no photo of that but she'll be sporting it when she comes home this weekend for Bret's birthday I'm sure.. maybe then. You know, if blogger can be bothered to load it.

The best quilt store ever was the Painted Pony. They have an amazing shop, the people are great and it was a lot of fun. They have a booth at Quilt Festival and will be featuring several quilts of Elizabeth's.

It was a ton of fun except the night the fire alarm at the hotel went of FIVE TIMES beginning at 11:30, final call at 4am. Hyatt, we don't appreciate that at all. It was Saturday and instead of getting that bonus hour for the time change we had a whole night stolen. And we needed it.

So there is a brief little taste of Texas my little Bluebonnets. Hopefully blogger will get over being in a huff and let me get some photos on soon. Because hey, that's what its all about. You hear that blogger my friend.

8 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

just found your blog- i live in Davis. close. Love quilts, too. check out http://nona.morejohn.com

11:15 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

what IS IT with blogger lately? that's why i've been putting everything on flickr and linking, linking, linking.

so that fabric i got for my bag is part of the collection that i think would make a great table runner. i didn't catch the name of the line, but it's made by michael miller.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Welcome back!

I'm glad you got the ruler autographed. It sounds like the whole thing was really fun.

I'm looking forward to the pictures (dang Blogger!) You'll get them up here once you have about five hours to spend on the venture.

So here's what I want to know about Texas: was there lots of big hair or is that an urban myth?

4:28 PM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Wow, wish I was there!!!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel lucky in that I've already seen many of your photos already !!! What fun. Glad you are back!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fun seeing you in Houston!! I'm so jealous you got to go to Spring - I heard it was great (there's always next year..). Hope you get your pics up soon - I didn't get many, so I can't wait to see yours!! Glad you're home safe and sound!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great trip, apart from the fire alarm - what a pain!

3:24 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Yeah how does that happen...just when I had the coziest post...they shut me down and then finally last night...voila.


welcome back blogger

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older