Monday, November 06, 2006

This and That

Yesterday for Bret's birthday we went into Pacific Grove for the day. We love it there. We have lunch at Toasties and then go to the cemetery to see the deer, and this time we headed to the Monarch Butterfly Preserve to see the migrating Monarchs. Pacific Grove is famous for this. It is amazing. My photos don't do it justice at all. In the first picture you get a hint of color, the butterflies are there by the hundreds, hanging off the eucalyptus trees. In the second picture, you see a lot of what looks like brown leaves, all butterflies my friends. Amazing. I recommend this little trip a lot.


Even if your family members make fun of you for being so excited about it.



To catch up with the regular doings, this is the package that came from Dustpan Alley. Angelina has a blog and that's how I came across Dustpan Alley. I ordered the little polka dot bag from her online shop and got a wonderful little package of goodies from her. The darling hand made card has a picture of her mother on it. Check out her shop, she's got a lot of fun things in it! Another blog that I read is Laurie's Old School Acres. This nice little package also showed up when I was on my excursion. Laurie sent it a long to me as a thanks for commenting on her blog.


Here's Frankie with her blingy Texas Handbag. I love it.

This is how my beautiful sunflower looked when I came home from Texas.

This was the next morning.

The squirrels broke it off and tried to take it up the palm tree. Having no luck with that, they just sat and ate it on the fence and left the chewed up remains so I'd know what happened to it. Good thing I like them.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen those butterflies there myself & it is quite a site to see. Love Frankie's blingy purse! Looks like you have gotten lots of nice treats in the mail. I love going to the mailbox to see if there are any treats in there & every so often there is! I'm expecting something soon to share.

11:22 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

frankie's handbag sure is sparkley. :-)

and those are some fine goodies you have there. goodies are SO MUCH FUN.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those dastardly squirrels!!! At least they let you take a photo first...

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is a good thing you like the squirrels, they are adorable aren't they?

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn squirrels!! Glad PG was fun - it's so beautiful there! Love Frankie's handbag. Hey, girl, you're famous - did you catch your mention on Quilter's Buzz?? WOO HOO!! I can say I knew you when...

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like your goodies, Pam.

What rotten little squirrels. Do you suppose they are the type that destroy things and when they see you get upset they high five each other? LOL

7:40 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Thanks for the mention PKM! I'm so happy you enjoyed your package.

I can't believe that there's a butterfly hang-out so close to where we used to live. Max would go crazy to see so many butterflies in one place. We read a book about their migration to Central America once and Max decided that some day we'll have to go there to see them for ourselves. But why go all that way when we could just go to the Pacific Grove Preserve? That is sooooo cool!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older