and Happy Zombie
are hilarious. Read their answers to this meme and you will CRACK UP. And then give it a try yourself.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Anyone who knows me knows the answer to this. Coffee my friends. Keep it coming.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Ahh the age old debate, like Mayo or Miracle Whip. (its Miracle Whip, thanks for asking!) Wrapped. In my childhood, we always opened family and friends gifts the night before. Tree was cleared out then Santa came in the morning to just the kids. Santa does that here too. I've had lots of people ask me if my parents gave presents. Nope, didn't have to, that's what Santa is for. Same here. He has his own paper and we have one kid so no tags. When I was growing up we had regions, one for each of us. No tags. Easter Bunny, same thing, I had the hallway.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the house, and I'm afraid I'll get at Ticket from Monica because it's icicles for us.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, it's flu season!! Just kidding, but no.
5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends. I think I may have mentioned we're procrastinators.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Don't think I even have one. Marrying into the picky eating family and having diabetics or people with eating issues we don't do much special food.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Hmm, don't know if I even remember. I mean I remember having a good childhood but nothing comes to mind. Maybe opening my stocking, I loved my stocking.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well we open everything under the tree Christmas Eve so I guess yes. Frankie is an only child AND and only grandchild on Bret's side she always received tons of stuff, so it was good that we paced it, otherwise she'd tire of opening stuff. (poor thing) So it's my family Christmas Eve, since that was my tradition, and Santa would come in the morning, then we'd pack it up and do Bret's family in the afternoon. Now my mom usually spends the night and we have Christmas Eve, then go look at lights, Santa comes for Frankie during the night and then in the afternoon my mother-in-law and Bret's brother and wife come over, more presents and dinner.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Its a pop culture free for all with us. Bubble lights, white lights, colored lights, every ornament we ever received or bought...every Star Trek you can imagine, Hello Kitty, Care Bear, Mary Engelbriet, school ornaments, preschool ornaments, you name it, its very possibly on our tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It would be so unlikely that I'd chose secret option 3, be surprised by it!
12. Can you ice skate? HAHAHAHAHAAAAA No. But Bret and Frankie both can.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've received many wonderful gifts over the years.. far too many to choose one.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and friends, and just getting through it.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate money from my stocking. Well, it's a childhood favorite, and I haven't had it in years. But that would be it.
17. What tops your tree? A dayglo pre-school popsicle stick Star of David. Its not Christmas till I see that orange and yellow baby go up.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? definitely giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I guess this is when you'll stop reading my blog ever again, I hate Christmas music. Probably wouldn't if it wasn't everywhere all the time. EVERYWHERE.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I'm ambivalent towards them. But as a kid we'd suck them till they were weapons.
That's me on the left.